Useless Talents & Irrational Fears

Sarah Watts has a problem, and you might be the person to help her solve it. She needs YOUR useless talents and irrational fears. That’s right. Send in what you think are your useless talents and irrational fears, and she’ll put it into drawings, like the ones above. Here’s a few more examples.

It’s a project where she hopes to get the collection of images published, so we’re counting on you to send her your insecurities over to sarah{AT}wattsalot.com.

My useless talent? The ability to move almost any muscle in my body — like an ear, or an eyebrow. And my irrational fear? That I will go crazy one day, and not know the difference!

Please feel free to share some of yours over in the comments, if you’ll so oblige. We promise not to tell!

12 Replies to “Useless Talents & Irrational Fears”

1. Sara says:

My irrational fear: That my teeth will melt.

My useless talent: I unknowingly have a “Walter Cronkite” voice when I’m taken by surprise. My voice gets really low and makes my husband’s face tingle because he feels like he’s done something wrong.

Don’t know how well these could be illustrated, though…

2. You can move your ears??? That’s amazing.

My irrational fear? I don’t know what you are talking about. My (many) fears are all rational and going to happen any day now.

3. I just adore her artwork. I gave her my fear of my cat taking over my house. She sleeps on my pillow above my head and pushes me off my own pillow each night. First the pillow, then the room, then the world!!!! Muaaa aaa aaaa!!

4. Nico Lund says:

I can’t stand it when people rub their feet on a carpet when they are wearing socks, it’s like nails on the chalkboard..

I am not sure it is a fear, but it is pretty irrational that it bothers me so much.

5. Amy says:

Whoa, those are some fears and talents alright!

Victoria: I can choose to wiggle one or BOTH ear, and same goes with eyebrows. and virtually anything else really. Once my stomach muscles cramped on me. Boy that hurt.

6. Kajsa says:

I have “a song for every situation”, say a word or a theme and I’ll start humming! I can also roll my eyes in circles in opposite directions.

7. Jacqueline says:

Her work is soo cute and i love it.

Soooo, i’ve been sitting here staring at the screen…thinking..my useless talent…my useless talent…my irrational fear..my irrational fear. 10mins passed and im still thinking…haha Maybe thatz my irrational fear…fear that i would always end up writting something silly and not intelligent. >_<

Have a lovely merry happy day and lots of love to you! I will email her!

8. Liss says:

ooo I can sing the alphabet backwards.
    oh I always wanted to be able to wiggle my ears.

9. Sarah Watts says:

Yay!!! Thank you guys for all the awesome talents/fears. Also, to Nico, your problem with the socks I will save, down the road there may be a “Little Quirks” theme, but I can’t get ahead of myself just yet, hehe.

Thanks for your help Amy!!

10. jess gonacha says:

this is fabulous! sarah is my friend here in atlanta, and i’m so happy to see her on your blog, amy! she’s such a talent. 🙂 i better get my submission in to her!

11. Communion style big eyed aliens scare me to death! I can’t stand the images on the book cover or dvd. I think it all comes from having seen Close Encounters and ET at far too young an age! Thanks mom and dad 😉

12. mchen says:

I just about died laughing at Sarah’s Sunday funny with the pirate and beaver… how geniusly evil! Thank you for introducing me to her work: wow.

Talents? I am really good at clicking my heels on both sides. I can spread my fingers out super-widely (it freaks people out, but it’s because of piano-playing w/ not-so-big hands :).

Fears? I worry obsessively about housefires anytime I leave my house.

Hm. Pretty ho-hum, eh?