Name: Gaia Bordicchia
1. If I wasn’t an artist I would probably be a biologist. I have a
passion for Natural History and I worked as a scientific illustrator
for many many years after I graduated from art school.
2. My worst habit is starting too many projects at the same
time. I often end up with many unfinished things and a lot of
3. I am in love with the movies of Hayao Miyazaki! They are always fun, entertaining, inspiring and most of all poetic.
4. Who/what inspires you?
There are so many sources of inspirations these days on the internet. Online illustration communities offer the opportunity to meet so many talented people you wouldn’t know otherwise. As far as illustration, I greatly admire the work of several french artists
such as Frederic Pillot, Samuel Ribeyron and Adolie Day. They are all very different and show different approaches to storytelling, that will appeal to both children and adults.
5. What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
My masterpiece is my 3 year old son. I don’t think I’ll ever beat that! 🙂
6. What is your biggest fear?
I’m afraid one day my workroom willblow-up for the excess of supplies and junk I have accumulated over the years!
7. If you could have superpowers, what would it be?
I would be able to control time!! I could go back and forth to the happiest periods of my life and I would have 24 full creative hours