1. If I wasn’t an artist I would be a doctor. I was a pre-med
student in college.
2. My worst habit is underestimating how much time all things
take. I tend to cram my schedule!
3. I am in love with my life, with the fact that I get to draw, paint
and make things… people and things that inspire me: my family , my dog, the seasons.
4. Who/what inspires you?
The fact that there is this movement of independent artists who keep their own blogs, sell their stuff on etsy and dawanda inspires me. This whole indie artist movement, to me, is very inspiring. The whole “can-do” attitude behind this, and the community that sprung from this movement is inspiring.
5. What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
My biggest professional accomplishment is having been the only designer on a 300+ unit condo conversion in Chicago’s historic Printer Square, but for my art, my biggest accomplishment
is being able to draw like a child, getting out of architecture’s rigid,
drafted and buildable lines, being able to experiment, and begin to acknowldege this other version of creativity in me.
6. What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is not being able to express myself creatively, and to have to hold everything in.
7. If you could have superpowers, what would it be?
To time travel… I am quite an art history fan, and I’d love to witness how artists from previous generations lived.