I must admit that I’ve been in a daze since I watched the news about the horrible tragedy that has befallen Japan – especially so since a few of my good friends are in Tokyo. I’ve decided that watching the news and keeping up to date with the situation is no longer productive, and that instead of worrying and thinking dreadful thoughts, my time will be better off rallying an effort that will hopefully help those in this time of need.
In that spirit, Pikaland will be giving 100% of our net profit from the sale of Tokyo-based artist Mogu Takahashi’s Chotto Omoshiroi poster to the International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Society. You can purchase the poster by using the “Buy Now” button below (which will lead you to a Paypal page), or head to Pikabooks to do so. Every little bit counts!
Chotto Omoshiroi A2-size poster for Japan’s fundraiser – $10 + $2 (shipping)
Thanks so much for your support — the poster is already sold out, but it is still available if bought together with the Chotto Omoshiroi zine set!
And here are some more links to websites that are doing great things with art to raise money for Japan (UPDATED):
- 20×200’s Japan Earthquake Relief Benefit by Emily Shur
- 100% of proceeds of sale from Mike Perry’s shop will be donated.
- The Working Proof and Susan Schwake has teamed up to produce a print where proceeds will go to Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Tinyshowcase is raising money via The Rising Sun — a print by by Jesse LeDoux
- Submit your work to Illustration Rally to help fund donation efforts via the Ganbare Nippon project.
- 100% of Minifanfan’s tote bag proceeds will go to the Red Cross!
- One Little Bird Studio is raising funds for Global Giving via the sale of their Japanese Girl giclee print.